Types of Nonpublic Personal Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you that is provided to us by you or obtained by us with your authorization.
Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
For current and former users, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained through our website except as required or permitted by law. Permitted disclosures include, for instance, providing information to our employees and, in limited situations, to unrelated third parties who need to know that information to assist us in providing services to you. In all such situations, we stress the confidential nature of information being shared.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.giveforveterans.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintain, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect on this Website; and in electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including phone calls or e-mail; or any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”) if you voluntarily provide that information;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as demographic or biographical information that you voluntarily provide to us; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us. Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services. Please note that we do not request or require you to provide any personally identifiable information or personal health information via our website. To the extent that you wish to provide such information, we strongly suggest you contact us via phone or schedule an appointment in our offices.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please see below for information on how you can opt-out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, and speed up your searches. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies (or browser cookies), flash cookies, or web beacons.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request. Or, if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GIVE Foundation, our employees, our clients, or others.