A work-from-home job or small business can be a great way to enjoy greater flexibility in your career. However, if you’ve never worked remotely or pursued entrepreneurship before, this track may be daunting. Rest assured, there are plenty of resources to help you succeed in your new role. Read on for a roundup below.
Figure Out What Kind of Job or Business Makes Sense for You
Do your research and plan strategically to make sure your chosen role is a good fit.
- Consider well-paying work-from-home business ideas, like affiliate marketing, blogging, or bookkeeping.
- If you don’t want to start your own business but still want to work from home, look at job boards devoted specifically to remote work.
- If you still aren’t sure what’s a good fit for your job-wise, try taking a career personality analysis test.
Take Care of the Practicalities of Setting Up a Business or Remote Work Role
Check these admin items off your to-do list to get off on the right foot.
- If you’re going to be self-employed, educate yourself about your tax requirements and set up the necessary paperwork.
- If you’re going to start a business, write out a business plan.
- Starting a business may require funding. Check out the various options.
Create a Productivity-Enhancing Workspace
With these steps, you can create a space that’s comfortable and boosts efficiency.
- Invest in ergonomic office furniture for your home office, such as a chair with lumbar support.
- Add design elements that are shown to boost focus and productivity, like good lighting and plants.
- Get technology that can improve productivity, such as virtual collaboration platforms and to-do lists.
Start Marketing Your Business to Get Clients
Follow these tips to raise your business’s profile and attract clients.
- Use a free YouTube banner template creator to make marketing headers for video ads.
- If you aren’t confident in your own marketing know-how, hire a specialized marketing consultant to help.
- Consider collaborating with charitable organizations like the GIVE Foundation to do good while promoting your business. For example, you might donate money.
Technology can help your business thrive in many ways. Whether you own a small company or are a freelancer or solopreneur, the above tools are worth your consideration. You’ll benefit in many ways, from more efficient workflows to improved security.